https://guildandgentry.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/gg-logo-simple-05-2.png 0 0 Guild & Gentry https://guildandgentry.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/gg-logo-simple-05-2.png Guild & Gentry2022-02-08 17:08:292022-02-08 17:08:29KNOW HOW: OVER THE TOP CHILI
KNOW HOW: OVER THE TOP CHILI
It’s a setup for a perfect Dad joke … what are you eating for the “Souper” Bowl?!
It’s chili for us, and PS Seasonings are our favorite. Grab some of our PS Seasoning Rodeo Rub and try a little of their Over the Top Chili this Sunday.
- 2 Lb Ground Beef
- 5 T Rodeo Rub Texas Brisket Rub
- 1 Onion
- 1 Hatch Chili
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 T Garlic- Minced
- 1 Can Stewed Tomatoes- 15 Oz
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes- 15 Oz
- 1 Can Kidney Beans- Drained
- 2 C Beef Broth
- 1/2 t Red Pepper Flakes
- TT Salt
- Preheat grill to 275-300 degrees.
- Dice the onions and peppers and sauté in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat until translucent.
- Add garlic, both tomatoes and kidney beans, and beef stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Season the ground beef with Texas Rodeo Rub mix well with your hands.
- Form the meat into a round meatloaf and place on a rack lined sheet tray.
- Once the Chili mix reaches a simmer, place on the grill. Place the rack holding the meatloaf directly over the Dutch oven so that the drippings will fall into the chili as it cooks.
- Cook for 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 145 degrees. (stir chili occasionally to avoid burning)
- Remove the meatloaf and crumble the beef. Then add it back to the chili and stir to combine.
- Season and adjust consistency with more beef stock if needed. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings!
Shop all our PS Seasonings here.